Bring 30+ business cards to pass out. You may also bring fliers or brochures but only pass your business card when we do introductions. Please invite people to connect with you after our meeting is over to pass out marketing materials. Also, if you have a small door prize to give away, it is a great way to promote your business!2) Is it okay that I run more than one business?
3) Is your group exclusive or have industry specific categories?Sure! If you represent more than one business, please choose just one business to represent at each meeting.
4) Do I have to attend every meeting? Do I need to find a substitute if I miss a meeting?No! We welcome every woman in our group and if we have more than one person who is a realtor for instance, that is okay with us. We have even had women from the same company before and that is also not a problem for us. We understand if you want to be respectful of your fellow colleagues or people who share the same industry as you, but we think the more the merrier!
You never know what you will learn from someone else in your industry and you could even serve different clientele or different areas that you cover. This is real life and you are bound to run into someone else who does what you do or works for the same company you represent. Why not sharpen your skills and show us how you differentiate yourself in the marketplace? Tell us what your niche is and who exactly you serve! Sometimes, you really offer the same services and/or products but maybe you are going to click with people
5) Do you allow men?Not at all! However, the more meetings you attend and the more regular you can be, the better relationships you will build. We network differently than men. We network from our hearts rather than by how many business cards we collect.
6) What happens if I need to cancel or reschedule?Not generally. We do have the occasional man who is a speaker but none that attend our meetings. We sometimes share intimate information. We laugh, we cry, we offer support. In order for us to feel safe and share, we only invite women to attend our meetings.
What types of businesses do you allow in the group?We are open to all types of businesses and even if you don't have a business of your own, you are still welcome! Some women are independent contractors or work remotely and so they find comfort, support and companionship within our group. We welcome MLM, Direct Sales, Independent Contractors, Doctors, Insurance Reps and more!
If it is less than 24 hours before the meeting starts, please contact Monica at 425-772-7819. You can also cancel your RSVP by logging in and accessing your profile. You should see your name at the top of every page so click on that.
Once you are on your profile page, you will see another list of links at the top of your profile and you can select "My Event Registrations". You will see a list of all the events you have registered for and you will be able to cancel your registration from that area.7) Where exactly is the meeting space?
8) How long has this networking group been together?
The private banquet room is located downstairs right next to the Martial Arts studio. There is plenty of parking behind the restaurant.
9) When do you have your meetings?
Our members have ebbed and flowed but we have been meeting since January 2010!
10) Why do you pass business cards around at the meetings? Can I add someone to my marketing/mailing list?
Every 2nd and 4th Monday unless it falls on a major holiday like Christmas, 4th of July or Memorial Day.
11) What is the difference between a Guest Member and a H2H Member?
We pass business cards around so that people can connect and pass referrals. It is absolutely against our rules and also against the law to add someone to your mailing/marketing list without asking specific permission. In fact, violating the CAN-SPAM Act comes with fines as high as $40k per violation.
12) I am a H2H Member and I need to renew my dues. How does that work?
A Guest Member is someone who wants to stay informed about our group but doesn't want to commit to the yearly membership dues. A Guest Member is also someone who has been an H2H Member (paid their dues) but has decided to no longer pay their dues and has been downgraded to a Guest Member. Both membership types are listed in our online directory. This could change at a later date when more people have moved over to the website from Meetup.
Also, H2H Members have paid their yearly dues so they have access to several perks at a lower price than Guest or Non-Members. We also might restrict our calendar so that only members who have paid their dues can participate in Adventure Outings or other fun events.
13) I RSVP'd to a meeting, does that mean I am a Guest Member now?
Monica may have created an account for you during the time we switched from Meetup to this website for the dues management. If your account was created manually, you will have to first log into your account. If this is the first time ever logging into your account, you will have to use the FORGOT PASSWORD link on the log in page to have the password reset so you can access your account. At the top of every page on the website, there will be a LOG IN button. If you are already logged in, it will display your name instead.
To access your profile, click on your name at the top of each page and a drop down menu will appear. One of the options is "View Profile" so click on that. Under the "Renewal Due On" section, there will be a button to renew your membership under your renewal date. If your renewal date is more than 30 days away, this button will not appear. If you are ready to renew, click on this button and follow the instructions.
Your membership will renew 1 year from the date that you pay. If you pay your membership 10 days early, then 10 days will be added to your renewal date automatically. The dues will automatically renew every year as long as your credit card is still valid.
If you want to pay your dues by check, please contact Monica. Your dues will have to be renewed manually each year and you will get reminder emails when it is 30, 15 and 1 day(s) before your membership expires. If you choose to not renew, your membership will be automatically downgraded to a Guest Membership.
14) I added my website to my profile but it isn't a clickable link like I see in other profiles. Why?
No, it does not. It only means that you have been added to our contact database so you will get our email newsletters and other event announcements but you will NOT be listed in our online directory. We encourage that you upgrade to a Guest Membership (it's free!) so you can get listed in the directory and other members will be able to contact you. If you want to upgrade to a Guest Member, you can edit your profile and there will be link to change your level.
15) My email has changed or I want to change the email address associated with my account. How can I do that?
In order for your link to become clickable, it needs to start with "www" or it needs to start with an "http://" or "https://". Here are some examples:
monicayourtravelgal.com -- Not clickable
http://monicayourtravelgal.com -- Clickable
www.monicayourtravelgal.com -- Clickable
16) My question wasn't answered here. How can I get it answered?
Please make sure to login to your account with the old email address and open up your profile. Your profile can be accessed at the top of every page by clicking on your name:
Click on the "Edit Profile" button and update your email and any other relevant information. Make sure you save!
If you can't access your account, please use the "Forgot Password" link on the login screen. If you no longer have access to the old email address, please contact us and we can edit your account manually. Please avoid creating a new account if you cannot access your old one. This website charges per account (aka email) so it helps us out if we can avoid duplicates. Thanks!
If there is a question that you don't see answered, please contact us!